Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Growing Up

I am becoming all grown up.  I have a little sister now.  I call her "baby" or sometimes "Sase".  I am really good at giving her hugs and kisses.  When I wake up in the morning, the first thing I do is ask Mom where baby is.  I just know that she likes the same things I do.  I try to give her a ball or one of my crackers or some water from my cup, but Mom always stops me.  I don't think Mom knows what baby likes as much as me.

I am also getting really good at eating all by myself.  I can use a spoon to eat mashed potatoes, yogurt, cottage cheese, oatmeal and pudding really well.  Sometimes I try to grab Mom's fork to help me eat other things like hot dogs, too.  When I drop something, I just pick it up and put it back on my spoon or eat it right out of my fingers.  I am also really good with a cup, even if has no straw or lid.  Mom only lets me drink from a cup when I am in the kitchen, though.

Sometimes I like to climb.  When we go to the playground, I like to climb the ladders.  We don't have ladders at home, so I have to find other things to climb.  When I woke up one morning and Mom wasn't home, I decided to practice climbing in my room.  I pulled the drawers open in my dresser and climbed on those.  Then a scary thing happened - my dresser tipped over.  I called out for help and Daddy came and rescued me.  I haven't tried to do that again since.  It sure was scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment